EMERGING CREATIVE DIRECTORS RESIDENTIAL COURSE
“Why would anyone want to be a CD?
You could ask the same question in regards to who’d want to skipper a race-winning yacht, reach the summit of Everest or captain a championship team.
The answer is, you have to be the sort of person that has a vision to lead and inspire others, along with the ability to dig deep and keep going when everyone else is full of doubt and giving up.
It’s not for everyone but dreaming big is part of it and having the hide of a rhino is also essential.
Life without challenges, whatever they are, can be dull. Being a CD is the ultimate test for any creative.
Learn as much as you can before diving in.”
- Warren Brown, BMF Creative Founder, advertising legend and industry trailblazer
An impressive portfolio of work and the willingness to put in the hours are only part of the story. So what does it take to get into, and stay in, the hot seat? How do you make your mark as a standout creative director who’ll help shape the future of advertising? The Emerging Creative Directors Residential course is Australia’s only custom-designed course for senior creatives looking to transition into leadership roles.
2016 Course Content
Three intensive days on site feature a series of modules spearheaded by leading ECDs, Agency CEOs and CFOs. Sessions are highly interactive, combining workshops, panels, role plays and Q&As with inspirational speakers. To ensure each delegate experiences a high level of mentoring, practical experience and direct value, the group is capped at twenty.
The Emerging Creative Directors course is proudly presented by AWARD; Australia’s longest-standing and most respected professional development programme for creatives.
Day 1, From creating to leading
- The journey to CD
- From star player to team captain
- Working with the work, working with people
- Managing creative people
Day 2, The business of creativity
- The client perspective
- How agencies make money
- The commercial potential of creativity
- Managing a department briefing
Day 3, Exploring the CD role
- Building a creative culture
- Knowing your audience. Building a story
- Developing a production network
- How to manage media
2016 Speaker Line-up
- Chrissy Blackburn, Managing Partner, West Eighty Second
- Ben Welsh, Chief Creative Officer, DDB
- Esther Clerehan, CEO, Clerehan Pty Ltd
- Angela Morris, Executive Planning Director, J. Walter Thompson
- Jason Burrows, Managing Director / EP Television, Jungle
- Simon Canning, Marketing & Advertising Editor, Commentator, Mumbrella
- Fabio Buresti, Executive Planning Director, The Monkeys
- Rose Herceg, Chief Strategy Officer, WPP AUNZ
- Michael Ritchie, Managing Director/Owner-Partner, Revolver/Will O_Rourke
- Lindsey Evans, Founding Partner & CEO, Special Group Australia
- Adrian Paul, Chief Operating Officer, TBWA
- Andrew Coates, Sales Director, Lion
2016 Delegate Feedback
“Seriously awesome. I feel like I'm a different person coming out the other side of it.”
“Congratulations to the Comms Council for identifying the need for this course and putting it together so professionally. Can not fault the speakers and content. Seeing this initiative continue on will not only help foster upcoming talent, it also has the potential to shape a more positive and supportive industry in future.”
"This was easily the best course I've done in advertising so far.”
For more information, contact: Simone@communicationscouncil.org.au