You can only really learn by doing. That's why Ben Keenan, Digital Creative Director at Clemenger Melbourne has made live briefs for the WWF (Worldwide Fund for Nature) central to the AWARD Copywriting for digital and social media workshops in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth (see more here).
In an intensive two half day sessions you'll not only get the theory, you'll get hands on practice in developing digitally led ideas and executions that have the potential to make a big difference to WWF's vital work, as well as your own.
This won't be death by PowerPoint, it's a collaborative master class for agency copywriters, social media specialists and communications writers looking to build on their skills in concepting and writing for emerging platforms.
- The new role of the writer in the digital world.
- Great work is a combination of function & humanity.
- Why you need to think small and not big.
- How to generate useful, original, and feasible ideas on new and emerging platforms.
- How to be active, not passive, in your search for insights.
- Getting your head around social.
- How to listen in.
- How to write headlines that work.
- The dark arts of persuasion.
- Writing copy vs writing content.
- How to sell your ideas in to colleagues and clients.
- Resources that will allow you to build on your knowledge from the course.
2014 Course Date (2 Half Days)
Friday 8 and Friday 15 August 2014, Melbourne
Course groups are kept small to encourage interaction and collaboration, book now to avoid disappointment.
About the tutor:
Ben Keenan: Digital Creative Director, Clemenger Melbourne / Head of Award School Melbourne.
Ben hand-coded his first website in on the back of RMIT's UNIX server in 1995 while studying a Media Arts degree. This led to an eight-year career as web designer/developer.
In 2004, while leading the UX/design of Sensis' rebuild of the Trading Post website, Ben finished in the top of his class at AWARD School and switched from being a senior interactive designer to a junior copywriter.
This has led to a 10 year career leading the digital advertising offering of Grey Global, M&C Saatchi and now Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
As well as earning regular accolades at local and international awards shows, Ben has served as a judge on the AWARD and New York Festivals interactive juries.
Ben is the current Melbourne Head of Award School, and teaches regular workshops on creativity, copywriting and emerging platforms.
You can follow him on Twitter here: HERE