More than 36 creative leaders from Australia and around the world came together virtually last night with all 2021 AWARD School students for the second annual AWARD School Legendary Lesson.
Among the many creative legends who took part in the unique AWARD School initiative were GS+P San Francisco Co-Chairman Jeff Goodby, Clemenger BBDO Melbourne Creative Chairman James McGrath, BBH LA ECD Ned McNeilage, TBWA Singapore Global Creative Director Asheen Naidu, Observatory LA CCO Linda Knight, media personality and business identity Russel Howcroft, The Monkeys Co-founder and CCO Scott Nowell, and DDB Sydney CCO Ben Welsh.
The Legendary Lesson involved creative leaders from some of the world’s biggest creative agencies ‘dropping in’ on the online tutor session to give feedback to every AWARD School student on work each student nominated as their best.
Mandie van der Merwe, Executive Creative Director at M&C Saatchi Australia and AWARD School National co-head said: “Once again, AWARD School students wowed some of the best creative leaders from around the world with an impressive calibre of work, taking away the very best insights and feedback to build into their work going forward.”
Jack Nunn, Creative Director at DDB Group Australia and AWARD School National Co-head added: “Jeff Goodby, Linda Knight, Russell Howcroft, Ben Welsh, Asheen Naidu and 30+ other creative legends? Okay, we’re officially very, very jealous of AWARD School students right now! We had wonderful feedback on the initiative last year and are so grateful for the time and effort this year’s legends have given us.”
Legendary Lesson with Jeff Goodby
– Legend: Jeff Goodby, Co-Chariman, GS+P (San Francisco)
– Tutors: Fraser Nelson, Senior Copywriter & Lauren Moran, Senior Art Director at CHE Proximity Melbourne
Legendary Lesson with Mietta Macfarlane
– Legend: Mietta Macfarlane, Creative Director, Squarespace (New York)
– Tutors: Casey Schweikert, Associate Creative Director & Rees Steel, Associate Creative Director at BMF Sydney
Legendary Lesson with Laura Petruccelli
– Legend: Laura Petruccelli, Executive Creative Director, GS+P (San Francisco)
– Tutors: Maya Halilovic, Senior Creative & Stephen Hansen, Art Director at 303 MullenLowe Perth