On Tuesday, 28 September 2021, AWARD School hosted a free two-hour virtual workshop which gave participants - those interested in building an incredible career in creativity - a concise overview of the AWARD School application process.
The session covered the 2022 application modules in detail and was hosted by Victorian AWARD School Heads Sarah Vincenzini and Kieran Moroney alongside a sensational lineup of speakers who provided attendees with step-by-step tips and tricks for submitting their very best AWARD School application.
Attendees were also invited to ask any questions they might have about the AWARD School program.
, Associate Creative Director, M&C Saatchi Melbourne
, Associate Creative Director, VMLY&R Melbourne
, Art Director, Special Group Melbourne
, Creative, Special Group Melbourne
, Senior Copywriter, Ogilvy Australia
, Art Director, Ogilvy Australia
, Victoria State Manager, Advertising Council Australia
The two hour webinar workshop covered four modules, the first three follow the format of the AWARD School application.
- asks applicants a simple question. “Why are you applying for this course?” This module gives applicants tips on how to create an original and standout response to get noticed.
- covers the topic “What makes a great ad?” Hear from an industry expert.
- gives applicants a simple print brief that they create an ad for. You will receive a practice brief two weeks before the workshop to submit. Industry professionals will then work through some of the responses to demonstrate what a simple and clever piece of communications looks like.
- gives you some practical tips on what you can do between now and when the AWARD School application opens.
Who's it for?
We think this course is perfect, if:
- You’re interested in a career in creativity
- You're applying for the first time
- You've previously applied and missed out
- Have never written an ad before
- Only heard about AWARD School when someone sent you this link 5 minutes ago
"Very fun, really motivating and inspiring. It was great getting the perspective of individuals in industry."
"It was a great workshop, extremely helpful tips and insights."
"One of the best Zoom workshops yet — Five stars!"
About AWARD School
AWARD School, established in 1983, is a globally recognised 12-week national course for aspiring advertising agency creatives. AWARD School starts in March 2022. Applications open in February 2022.
In 2021, there were over 500 applicants nationally. Of the applicants, we only accept 200 students nationally. Now it’s time to give yourself the best chance at being one of them by attending the AWARD School Application Workshop.
NOTE: AWARD School is powered by the Advertising Council Australia (ACA). ACA makes no guarantees that you will be accepted into AWARD School after doing this workshop. It is designed to increase your chances of success.